Thursday, March 31, 2011

Another disappointment

Blood tests came back today. I did not test positive for the antigen necessary for me to participate in the San Antonio clinical trial breast cancer vaccine. I really had my hopes up  - why else would I have been led down this path? That remains to be seen now. If anything I guess it goes to show that as patients it is really up to us to know what is out there in the way of cutting edge research and available trials. The doctors certainly aren't focused on doing that across the board. I just really am at a very down place right now in all of this. 

I am scheduled for a breast mri next Friday and then my oncologist would like to investigate further into why I am not getting relief from the pain in my side and wants to determine what that is.  He emphasised again today that he does not want to give up on that.  Personally, I am tested OUT, and scanned to the point of "glowing". I'm not sure what more there could be but he has some ideas.  I told him I want to get past next week's mri first.

After getting today's news, I got in my car and turned on the radio and here is the song that was on. Thanks God.

2 comments:

  1. I love you and God loves you so much more. I'm here when you need me...ALWAYS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one thing you know for sure is that you are not alone. God did not send you here to fend for yourself all by yourself. He sent you a comforter that stays with you every second, even if you can't see that part of the Holy Trinity. He is there. I hang onto that when I can't hold onto anything else. He will not forsake you. Something is going to happen -- a door will open. Don't you sometimes just wish, though, that you could just peer into a crystal ball? -Megan-

    ReplyDelete