Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Home from surgery

Just to update you on today's procedure. It appears it may have been a muscle bulge and trapped into some scar tissue in my reconstruction. The surgeon made a 2 inch incision, elevated it, released the muscle and biopsied tissue there just to be safe. We should have results in a few days but thankfully he did not seem at all worried. On a side note, this was the same surgeon who after one of my first surgical biopsies 3 1/2 years ago assured us that those types of tissues are never cancer and not to worry and then had to deliver the fateful news of a cancer diagnosis 10 days later. My first hope is that through THAT experience he has decided not to give his opinion unless very, very sure of it. My second best hope is that he is right to be confident in his assessment this time. In the meantime I am resting and enjoying a fancy combination of pain killers and pampering from my family :) in spite of a post anesthesia headache. Maybe just plain ol' Tylenol will do the trick on my head while the narcotics work on everything else. And as always, thank you for your prayers!

2 comments:

  1. praying dear friend.......
    xo rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for good results. I can relate to your comment about overly optimistic surgeons. Take good care.

    ReplyDelete